Followers

Friday 25 January 2008

My Days and Evenings ......

My days or evenings never turn out as planned. After walking the dogs and nearly getting blown away in the evening gale and soaked in the driving rain, I collapsed in a heap in the chair and didn't have the energy to do anything but knit. I'm working on the Victorian Shoulderette by Sivia Harding.


This pattern is a joy to knit. The instructions are easy to follow and I especially like the way the bottom band of lace is knit at a different angle than the rest of the shoulderette. As soon as I learn how I shall post a picture. I'm nearly finished it now and I really think that I shall knit another soon.On the needlework front - I still have my Merry Cox Christmas in Williamsburg peice to complete. I have completed three sides of the design. It grows so quickly because it is mainly tent stitch. I cannot wait to see my finished piece and although it sounds as if knitting has overtaken needlework in my life, it isn't really like that. I love the way knitting has made a revival and all the hand dyed yarns there are around at the moment. Wool is so tactile. It really is a needleworkers faullt that I returned to knitting at all. I was introduced to sock knitting at ASG in Louisville in October 06 and I have been hooked ever since. I'm really thankful that my son's partners all love handknitted socks!

No comments: