Followers

Wednesday 15 September 2010

I Am Beyond Proud

I cannot tell you how proud I am of my two eldest sons who cycled 241 kilometres for charity this past weekend. They cycled in  tandem to cover that huge distance. When you bear in mind, that although both are very fit, and play football regularly, they have never cycled any where near that distance. So it makes their feat even greater. This was the first time they had ridden in tandem and they did so well to complete the course and still continue to smile!


The ride was for the Prime Movers Against Disorders charity which helps those with diabetes, dyslexia, leukemia and lymphoma.

Then just for the last few miles they were joined by Alastair's son, my Grandson Dylan, on his new bike.



Having read this you can  understand why I feel so proud of them, and indeed, of all the participants who gave their time and efforts to raise money for this cause.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

I don't blame you at all -- you should be very proud of your sons and your grandson. Wonderful!

Carol R said...

I can see why you are proud of your sons and your little grandson!

Siobhán said...

Congratulations to your sons--and grandson! :)

Sharon said...

I think you and I and Mary and the Mann Sisters should bike in one of these events.....it would be the comic relief to make the other cyclists laugh! Gret for them.
It is quite an accomplishemenbt

Anonymous said...

adorable !