Followers

Tuesday 31 August 2010

It's Me Again

I know it's been a long time but I have been incredibly busy and not too well.

Way back in June I was lucky enough to be invited to the home of a wonderful friend called Mary Bruce to attend a private class with Jackie du Plessis. Many of you will know Jackie from last May when she taught for The Sampler Guild. This time Jackie tutored us through the finishing for Lady Jane's Garden.


This picture shows the fob and cotton reel holder. Whilst the pictures below shows the inside of the needle case and the finished basket.






We also took Le Petite Triannon but, of course, I haven't finished stitching this yet let alone done any finishing. This project has the most beautiful needle case in the form of a little bootie and sole. The picture below shows how many queen stitches I had to stitch before completing the bootie sole.








This shows the side panels for the bootie. And I'm afraid that is as far as I got with this piece.

Tomorrow I shall be back with some more pictures.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Isn't Jackie a wonderful teacher? I love your Lady Jane! Can't wait to see more on your Petite Trianon!

Patricia Lessell said...

Oh Sandra it's just gorgeous. I can't wait to see the second piece finished because I know you will do this.
Love
Patti xxx

angelasweby said...

What a beautiful set Sandra. Your sttiching and finishing is exquisite.
Angela xx

Bertie said...

Hi Sandra, glad to see you back in blogland, missed your pics.
Hope you are feeling a little better and speak to you soon.
Hugs

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Sandra, your stitching is beautiful and now you have another treasure to add to your collection. Looking forward to seeing more. Irene xxx

Gwen said...

Hi Sandra,
Congratulations on your finish, it looks lovely. You have done another great job with the finishing.